Friday, January 9, 2015

I'm *slightly* ashamed to say that we're pulling the plug on the whole 30. Before you think of us as quitters, let me explain why. 

First, it is WAY too expensive for us to maintain thirty days. Based on what we spent week one, we would have nearly doubled our monthly grocery spending by the end. Secondly, I had a really hard time eating meat at every meal (I was never a big meat eater). I tried skipping the meat and just eating fruits, nuts, and veggies, but that just depleted our produce every faster! Funny, I thought the no sugar thing would be my biggest hurdle, but i felt pretty satisfied with eating fruit.  Soooo are we going back to our old ways? Well no, not yet anyways. ;) We're adding some beans, a little dairy, and a moderate amount of healthy grains.
We were not prepared for the whole 30, finically or mentally. I will say though that Ryan held up better than I did! I'm the one who cracked first. I'm going to do my best to keep up the no sugar thing and to strive for no fast food or junk food the rest of the month. I think all those changes combined will be a mass improvement to our typical eating habits anyways. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment